I should start this off by giving a little backstory. A few years ago, I became very enamored (who am I kidding, I still am) with the idea of Him moving himself and the boys into Mojo's observatory to play the Perfect Nuclear Family Game (previously mentioned here
). If I had more time/was more artistically inclined, I probably would've made a greater effort at turning this into a little webcomic of the 4-koma variety with an even further simplified art style, along the veins of iharthdarth
(does anyone remember iharthdarth
? JOSIE I'M LOOKING AT YOU).
I even made little notes to myself about the subject matter of various comics, including:
- Him being terrible at laundry
- Mojo trying to teach the boys how to play tabletop strategy games ("This is sooooOOOOO BOOOOORING" "CEASE YOUR COMPLAINING, THIS IS GOOD EVIL TRAINING FOR YOUR MINDS")
- Him wanting Brick, who is the boy least likely to act his age, to act his age and get out more
- Butch announcing that he wants to get something pierced
- Or his hair dyed
- Or styled into something hella punk rock and cool
- Boomer's music annoying everyone
- Him using Brick getting partnered at school with Blossom to get close to the Professor
- Boomer inviting his band over for practice
- Boomer bringing a puppy home
mind-controlling "inviting" Blossom to Prom with Brick and offering to chaperone with Prof U (who volunteers every year his girls are in HS because BOYS NO NEVER NO BOYS)
- Him teasing Brick about his "crush" on Blossom
- And Mojo, who has missed the memo that this is a joke, taking the "crush" seriously and losing his shit
... and more. Those are just the ones I happened to write down.
That's the place I was coming from when I made the Tangled post above (well I'll link it again here
for your ref) and, well, now I'm making another one, because I saw Frozen this winter holiday and, while not without its problems, it was still an incredibly bright spot for me in an emotionally taxing two weeks (if you're curious, Bitch Flicks' review
touches on what I appreciated about the film), and because Boomer and Him would've eaten that shit up like candy. SWEET, DELICIOUS, DISNEY-PRINCESS-IFIED CANDY. Much to the chagrin of every other body in the observatory. Especially Brick.( I mean... )
That about sums up what has made listening to the Frozen soundtrack so entertaining for me lately. Next time on More Reasons Demonstrating That SBJ is on Crack, the entirety of Townsville singing "What Makes You Beautiful" to Buttercup, spurred on by Bubbles. With alternate takes!
Happy New Year, everyone! Cheers.